The www.unitedby.in website ("Website") is owned & operated by Benetton India Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “BIPL”), a company incorporated under the laws of India with its registered office at Plot no. 25, Block-B, Infocity, Sector-34, Gurgaon – 122001, Haryana.
The Website is an internet based platform to campaign for social events & programs in India and facilitates the users to pledge and share their stories on the website.
We at BIPL are committed to respecting your i.e. users online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") you share with us.
"Personal Information" means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, phone number and an email address or other contact information. In general, you can visit the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. We track the Internet address of the domains from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but the individual user remains anonymous.
About Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Cookies are identifiers which a web site can send to your browser to keep on your computer to facilitate your next visit to our Website. Cookies enable us to serve secure pages to our users without asking them to sign in repeatedly. If a user's system is idle for more than an hour, however, the cookie will expire, forcing the user to sign in again to continue their session.
- This prevents unauthorized access to the user's information while they are away from their computer.
- You may have the ability to reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, some Website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
- Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names; Internet protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; and dates and times that our Website is accessed.
- We may also analyze information that does not contain Personal Information for trends and statistics.
Third Party Services
- The Website may contain links to other websites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under our control or the Website and we are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. We are not responsible for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by the User from any Linked Site. We are providing these links to the User only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the Linked Sites or any association with its operators or owners including the legal heirs or assigns thereof.
- We are not responsible for any errors, omissions or representations on any Linked Site. We do not endorse any advertiser on any Linked Site in any manner. The Users are requested to verify the accuracy of all information on their own before undertaking any reliance on such information.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data on a best effort basis.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We do not inherently rent, sell, or share personal information (derived from user-registration) about you with other people on a stand-alone basis and the sharing (if any) is with relation to the general business practices of BIPL which is under your consent. We may allow suppliers to access the information for purposes of confirming your registration and providing you with benefits you are entitled to.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to partners and employers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to facilitate your registration for any particular event / program on the Website or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in India to protect personal information about you. We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules made there under to ensure the protection and preservation of your privacy.
- We reserve the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. The policy shall come to effect from the date of such update, change or modification.
- BIPL is free to offer without restriction an online platform to facilitate any user/prospective user for registration of any event/program listed on the Website.